Phillippines

Phillippines

Monday, March 10, 2014

Tender Mercies

If I were to choose two words for this week, they would be "Tender Mercies".  Of course, some moments were really hard.  The mission is hard; however, if I were to summarize this week-it was a beautiful week.

The church is more established here in Sevilla.  There is a lot of progress.  In our one ward there are four sets of sister missionaries!  Wow!  We are working hard for this sweet little ward.  

Okay, I think I am just going to start by talking about the sweet moments of this week that really touched my heart:

First- "It is GOOD to be here!"  During mine and Sister Perez's companionship study, we read from the White Missionary Handbook.  We were reading from the very beginning about our purpose as a missionary and "How great is [our] calling!"  As we had a discussion together about our purpose here, our hearts were filled with the Spirit testifying to us that, yes, it really is good to be here!  I was so touched.  It is really hard to describe how I felt, but I was just reassured that I am here for the best cause possible.  I am privilaged to be apart of God's work 24/7.  what a blessing it truly is.

another blessing is my companion.  I am learning so much from her.  She loves to work.  She is teaching more about the importance of trying our very hardest to work towards the goals we set. We both are such goal-oriented people so it helps us stay driven in this great cause!  she is also a wonderful teacher during lessons.  Our companionship unity during lessons is actually quite impressive.  I know it is the blessing of the Spirit.  We pray so fervently everyday that the Spirit will guide our lessons.  We had a really cool experience where we hadn't prepared a lesson for some one we weren't planning on teaching one day.  When we were opening the lesson with a hymn, I was silently praying that the Spirit would help us know what we needed to teach.  The word "service" popped into my mind.  I haven't had a lot of practice teaching this lesson, but I trusted i the Lord.  I was leading the lesson, so I just introduced the topic of Service flat out.  the lesson went well.  Then after the lesson, sister Perez asked me, "so did you really feel that we should teach service"  I told her I did.  Then she told me how as she was giving the opening prayer she was also silently praying for what to teach, and service came to her mind as well.  I testify that the Holy Ghost really is our teacher and guide.  I testify that if we pray to our Father in Heaven, He will bless us with the Spirit.  It is so important to live worthy of the Spirit, because the Spirit is the true teacher who will help people begin their conversion process.

Another blessing from my companion is that this past week she said three words that struck me.  She really doesn't even know how much they affected me.  we were talking about how some missionaries don't understand the work here.  and then she said,  "we just need to LIVE THIS LIFE"  those words have stuck with me.  I just need to fully get lost in this work and live this life!

Okay, now my most treasured tender mercy this week- We were in a lesson with a less active member.  His name is Brother Temi.  He is 21 yrs old.  Our plan was to teach L1P1 (God is our Loving Heavenly Father).  When we were about to start I thought, 'is this really what he needs?  He already knows about God because he is member...'  But even though I had this thought, I kept going with talking about God, our Heavenly Father.  I'm so grateful we did.  I picked out that my thought was MY thought, and not the Spirit's thought.  so here we were, teaching the very first principle of the very first lesson.  We asked Brother Temi about his relationship with God.  We asked him about his prayers.  we asked him how he felt about God being our literal Father in Heaven.  etc.  wow, these thought provoking questions caused me to ponder for myself.  While my companion was speaking, I found myself trying to answer these questions for myself.  I was filled with the Spirit.  Then it was my turn to talk.  I started talking and then I was so overwhelmed with the Love of God that my voice shook.  I had to stop talking and my companion took over.  I sat there in amazement with the love that was filling my heart.  Tears silently streamed down my cheeks.  It is hard to explain, but I felt our Heavenly Father's love for Brother Temi, Sister Perez, our member worker, and me so strongly.  I will never forget the feeling.  wow.  I also was so humbled.  Here I was taking the first principle of the first lesson for granted.  Who am I to judge what someone needs to hear?  It is the Spirit who is the senior companionship.  I am in a tri-companionship-- me, sis perez, and the Holy Ghost.  It was such a toucing experience.

I testify that God lives!  He is our literal Father in Heaven.  He loves us more than we can comprehend.  I have felt His love for me and for the Children here in the philippines.  His work will continue to more forward. Because He is our Heavenly Father, He wants us to return to His presence. He loved us so much that He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to provide the way for us.  Oh, how grateful I am for my Loving Heavenly Father.

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment