Phillippines

Phillippines

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Come Unto Christ

This week has been one of the most inspiring weeks of my mission.  I have every intention to become a better missionary.  Wednesday was a Quad-zone Conference.  Elder Ardern of the seventy came to speak to us. He is area of the seventy for Philippines. Wow, it was amazing.  I learned so much.  There was a part where he talked about "meeting Christ".  He talked about how hard we should be working as missionaries.  He said that it should be to the point where when our mothers see us at the airport when we return home, that she says, "honey, what happened to you!!??  You look...exhausted.  what happened????"  And then he said how he hopes we will be able to answer, "Mom, I met Christ." Truly coming unto Christ takes every effort on our part.  It is a journey that will exhaust us, and yet, it will be the most beautiful journey we ever experience.  I have had time to ponder this.  what does it mean to "meet Christ"?  elder Ardern talked about how if we want to keep full and complete enthusiasm in this work, we must increase our Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement.  It doesn't happen over night.  It is a life-long journey.  I pray that when I see you, mom, that I will be able to confidently say, "Mom, I met Christ.  I am a witness of the miracle of the Atonement changing people's lives.  I have been placed in the furnace of trials, disappointments, and tests of my own faith; and I have come to learn of the enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I couldn't have done this mission without Him-my Savior, my Redeemer, and my Friend."

It's hard to explain all of the emotions I felt during that conference.  but it truly changed my perspective of the mission life.  I even wrote in my journal that night, and I wrote the date real big at the top of my journal page and said, pointing to the date, "Let THIS be the beginning of my mission"  I have every desire to be fully converted to this work!  Not that I wasn't working before my this day.  Just that the beauty of this life, is that through the Atonement, we can always become better.  Our life journey is to learn to become like Him.  And I have a long ways to go, haha.

Okay, on to the events of lately!  Brother Conrado!  he is our investigator who is getting baptized April 5th!  Yay!  Sobrang magaling po siya, talaga.  sobrong receptive din siya!  He is so prepared for baptism.  His desires are truly to become like Christ.  He is even trying to open up and share this glad message with his family.  they won't let us teach them.. they say they don't have time for it.  Pero I know that miracles happen when the first one in a family to come unto Christ is the father.  His family will follow one day-I know it :)  But please pray for him.  He is doing much better and believes in President Thomas S. Monson as a prophet now, pero he had a really hard time with the concept of living prophets in these latter days.  We've poured our hearts out time and time again testifying of Joseph Smith, the restoration of the Priesthood, and how the authority has continued on to President Thomas S. Monson.  It has been a journey with him.  Pero, in a way I am grateful, because I have found that my own testimony of prophets has increased immensely.  I find myself thanking our Heavenly Father in prayer for prophets and their guidance in these latter days.  I find myslef thanking Him with a more sincere heart.  This work is true.  I testify.  I testify.  If any of you question or wonder, study the book of mormon, pray, ask God, I promise you will receive a witness.  Again, I testify with my whole heart of the truthfulness of this work.  Pinatotohanan ko po na totoo po ito.

I also testify of the miracles that come when missionaries are STRICTLY obedient!  There was one night when we finished a lesson.  Then sister perez asked me what time it was.  I said, 7:48 pm.  WE are supposed to go home at 8.  We were wondering...should we just go home twelve minutes early?  There's not really enough time to do anything...  But, then we were like, NO we will be strictly obedient.  Thank goodness we chose the right!  We found a new investigator!!!  She let us teach her right then and there.  We've taught her only twice now and she has agreed to prepare to be baptized as she comes to know the truth for herself!  wow, I promise that when we follow perfectly to the commandments of God.  He will bless us.  He has a plan for us.  We must follow it.

I know that God lives.  He loves us.  I pray that each and every one of us, including myself, will make a greater effort to come unto Christ.  Learn of Him.  Read about Him.  Cry unto our Father in Heaven in Christ's name.  Love Him.  Love as He loves.  Serves as He serves.

I love you all!

Sister Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment