Phillippines

Phillippines

Monday, March 24, 2014

Love from the Philippines

Mahal ko sa lahat!  Grabe, talaga.  sobrang mainit dito!  Grabe.  Bakit!?

Basically, this is what I say every day of my life.  haha.  good luck figuring it out ;)

Okay, I love it here in the Philippines.  I had a life changing experience last Friday.  It is so hard to explain what the Spirit taught me, but I will try.  My companion gave me a talk to read.  It is called "The Fourth Missionary"  It changed my whole perspective of the mission.  I thought I had been changed from the Zone conference.  Now I feel even more changed.  I realize how much growing I need to do here on this earth.  I have such a long way to go.  But I am grateful for the experiences I am having that are helping me become who God wants me to become.  Basically four different types of missionaries were described.  the fourth is someone who surrenders their whole heart to the work.  the thing is, when I read the talk, I classified myself as a third missionary.  The third sacrifices everything but still holds on to their own desires.  they are still successful but not as happy as they could be because they are inwardly fighting their own natural desires.  Even if they are good desires (ex. schooling when you return from mission, life goals, future family, temple etc.)  The author talked about a fourth missionary lock away EVERYTHING and desires with their whole heart to serve the Lord.  when I was reading this, I was overwhelmed as to how big the task seemed.  But then, the mission president said, "don't think this is unreachable"  It is a mindset that you can change immediately, right now!"  It is hard to explain, but after reading this, I locked away everything.  I changed my mind set.  And I have witnessed profound joy as I have done this. I have surrendered my heart to this work-the Lord's work.  I promise to be His servant for the next 15 months and until the day I die and then for eternity!  I will fight this great cause forever.

Okay investigators: Please please pray for Brother Arnel and Sister Melody.  They have two cute children.  they are golden.  We worry about them coming to church because one of the kids is so so crazy!  Hard to control.  sister Melody worries that she would be hard to manage in church.  but I know the Gospel would bless their life.  Last night, we were going to extend the invitation to be baptized to them, but Brother Arnel wasn't there!  Bummer!  Next time for sure.  Please pray that she will have the faith to take her family to church.  She knows the Book of mormon is true.  And please pray they will accept the baptismal date.  Please pray.  I know prayers work.  It was the most beautiful experience last night.  We sang Families can be together forever.  Her two children put their heads close to their mother's in order to see the words.  We all sang, and as I looked at this image with these two children and their mom singing this song about families, I got choked up.  wow, I envisioned this family one day being sealed in the temple.  wow.  Even now, tears fill my eyes.  Please pray for them.  I want so badly for them to accept the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Brother Conrado is still doing well.  He still asks about President Thomas S. Monson.  Please pray that he will receive an undeniable witness when he listens to conference that President Monson is a true prophet who receives revelation from God.  He is excited for his baptism, talaga.  I'm excited too! He asked me how I knew Pres Monson was a prophet.  I shared an experience of when I attended the conference center and how I felt when Pres Monson entered the room and everyone went silent and stood as he walked in.  Wow, the Spirit bore witness to me that what I was saying was true.

Brother Edward.  Oh please pray for him.  He is 20 years old.  He wants to be baptized.  But him and his girl friend have to be married first.  She is a returning less active.  they really are doing well.  But sister Ailene doesn't want to marry him until she is sure he has changed and will be a good father.  He is trying to stop smoking.  so hard.  He has completely stopped drinking and is down to one cigarette a day.  Please pray that he will have the strength to overcome these addictions.

Also, my heart aches for the Less active members and recent converts who have fallen away.  It hurts to know people enter into such sacred covenants and then fall away.  It really wrenches at my heart.  some times, I have a more tender spot in my heart for these people that we teach than our investigators just for the fact that they have already promised their Heavenly Father to endure to the end and now they aren't.  It is hard to explain how I feel.  but please pray for the members in your areas back home.  they need your love.  Please fellowship those who are lonely.  Visit those in your ward that you do not know.  Please invite families over for dinner.  Please help the busy young mothers and invite families over for FHE.  Please build zion in your individual areas.  Please, let us all help God fulfill this great and necessary work of Salvation.

I testify of the truthfulness of this great work.  If any of you are questioning, please email me.  If any of you are thinking life is just too hard right now, fall to your knees and seek Heaven's help.  I promise you, as a set apart representative of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that God will hear and answer your prayers. Show Him your faith.  Pray daily.  Treasure the Words of the scriptures and apply them into your life.  Attend church.  Serve others.  Love with your whole heart.  Let the Lord change you.  If any of you are feeling overwhelmed with blessings and life seems pretty good, pray even harder and longer and THANK Him for your blessings.  Stay humble and help those who are hurting.  I love you all!  Please stay strong! I can't wait until we meet again.  

Love you!


Sister Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment