Phillippines

Phillippines

Monday, March 31, 2014

Hello!

Wow, what a beautiful week.  My heart is full.  I just can't quite express my love for our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I have learned so much thus far.  It's weird to think that in 5 days, I'll have been out for 4 months!  What?  Where has the time gone?

So brother Conrado had his baptismal interview this past saturday and passed!  He is all set for this Saturday to be baptized!  I am so excited for him!  He is so ready for the step in his life.  I feel so blessed to have been able to witness his conversion right before my eyes.  His very countenance has changed over these past 5 weeks.  It's been amazing to see the Atonement take effect in his life.  wow, I love this Gospel.  He is so funny.  he always gives me advice because I am a foreigner.  His last advice was, "Sister Wright, let me give you some advice- Filipinos are peace-loving, religious, and hospitably people."  haha, after this I kinda waited for the 'advice' part, but it never came.  he just made that statement.  haha!  So funny!  But I will treasure his "advice" forever :)  Also, he wants me to be the one to play the piano for his baptism.  It's my pleasure to help him have the perfect day, because he really deserves it :)

Wow, sister Perez and i witness so many miracles this week.  We extended three new baptismal dates!  And then with Bro Conrado, we have 4 baptismal dates!  We are very happy.  we plan on extending at least two more baptismal comittments to the Hermusura family this upcoming week.  We also get to meet a referral tonight at an FHE.  So exciting!  The work really is moving forward.  I know that God's Hand is in this work-it is HIS work.

Okay, side note.  It is SO hot.  Really though.  It keeps getting hotter!  I'm worried if I'll survive, haha.  I have heat rashes every where.  I moved my mattress on to the floor so I could have the fan blow directly on my face all night!  If you don't wake up every so often to change positions, then you'll wake up in a pool of sweat.  Haha, you think I'm exagerating??- I'm not.

A bummer from this week, was that a lot of our investigators and less active members committed to church this week, and then they didn't come yesterday.  this really hurt my heart.  I am coming to really love these people.  And I know that the Gospel will make them happy.  so when they don't keep their commitments, it's sad.  they sounded so certain that they would come to church too. It wasn't just a soft head nod with a muttered "oo sister". (which we get often, haha) they were more like, "Opo sister, pupunta kami sa church bukas."  It took me awhile to snap out of the discouragement.  Pg 10 of PMG says we can't get discouraged as missionaries.  I'm trying to balance my sadness and love for these people and not allow it to discourage me.  I am grateful though, because I prayed for help to snap out of it and renew my faith for another day of work.  so then sister Perez and I went out after church and worked hard once again :)

I know this work it true.  I love being a missionary.  Even more, I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  you are right, mom, the Gospel IS love.  God's plan would be frustrated if Christ wouldn't have shown us such perfect love and given His life for the plan of salvation.

Love you ALL!!

sister Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment