Phillippines

Phillippines

Monday, March 3, 2014

Sivilla

Kumusta sa lahat!

So I have been transferred to a new area.  I am now in San Fernando zone and my area is Sivilla ward.  My new companion is Sister Perez.  She is filipino too and is 21.  I am hopeful that we will be able to work really hard together and help this work move forward in this area.  It's really different from Agoo zone though!  I miss Agoo... however, I know this is where the Lord wants me to be.  I miss my last companion, but I know I will get to know sister Perez and it'll be good.  She WORKS!  So she is 5 ft and her legs are so short-but she walks so so fast! We book it down the street!  Haha, it's really good.  She really likes to work.  she tries her very hardest to teach as many people as she can. I think it will really help me completely get lost in this great work.

Fortunately I was able to witness the Nieva family's baptism before I left Agoo!  It was beautiful!  It was in the ocean because the font isn't finished in the church yet.  also, I have pictures of the baptism on my camera but I don't dare to use put them on this computer because someone told me that this computer shop will erase all your pictures!  It really was a beautiful baptism though.  I hope they are doing well. 

It was really hard for me to leave them and the others we were teaching.  Especially sister Martin.  she was the very first person I ever extended a baptismal date to.  We went through a lot with her.  I hope she is doing well.  she was a witness of the power of the Book of Mormon to me.  We were almost about to drop her, but we persisted that she read the book of mormon and act.  Once she read the sacred words in the book of mormon, her countenance changed.  Her prayers became beautiful and she wasn't nervous to pray in front of us anymore.  She came to church.  she wanted to learn more.  We extended a new baptismal date to her the day before I left.  It was so hard to tell her I was leaving.  We were both sad.  I pray that she loves sister Cardenio's new companion and really is baptized April 29th.

Oh also, the Baloran family invited us over for FHE the night before I left agoo.  We had an awesome meal and they had me and sister nott make it!  so masarap!

Like I said, the work here in Sivilla is different.  It is farther along than in Agoo.  I will be teaching way more lessons here.  Hopefully this will help me with my Tagalog.  The language is rough!  I am finding that we have many people to teach here; however there are many Special cases here.  For example, people who wanna be baptized but they aren't married and their partner refuses to marry.  Or they were married before and now they live with someone else and have a family with them.... you see, you aren't allowed to get a divorce here.  so...if people get married then separate and live with someone else, we have to figure out what to do to help them be worthy of baptism.  It's really tough to work around.

My time is almost up.  but know that I love you all!  This work is true!  God lives and loves us more than we can imagine.  I testify that if we give our whole hearts to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we will be happier than we have ever been.  Never forget to put God first (3 Nephi 13:19-21, 31-34).

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Wright


Making Dinner for FHE


No comments:

Post a Comment