Phillippines

Phillippines

Friday, April 18, 2014

Kung Walang mga Pagsubok, Walang mga Pugunlad at Kagalakan

My Dearest Friends and Family,


     Unfortunately, I have been sent home from my mission to receive medical help.  This past weekend, the fact that I needed medical help became too obvious to ignore, so my Mission President suggested I be sent home for help.


     It hurts my heart to write this, because I loved my mission so much.  I treasure every moment-both the trials and the achievements.  I wish I could still be out there serving the Filipinos; trying anything to make them laugh; complimenting them in every possible way to build their self esteem; testifying of Christ with every fiber of my Being; teaching the children how to follow along in hymn books; singing "I am a Child of God" with the children; praying with the members for the success of the Work of Salvation; falling to my knees to plead for guidance in this work; sweating everyday under the hot sun to find the One who is prepared to receive the restored Gospel; sharing the people's sorrows by simply sitting and crying with them; witnessing true conversion in progressing investigators; reading the Book of Mormon with less active members; waiting eagerly at the door of the church on Sundays to see if our investigators arrived; shedding tears of joy while witnessing someone come unto Christ by entering the waters of baptism; feeling peace and joy when an investigator learns the true steps to prayer; hearing one of our new converts stand up in fast and testimony meeting and say with conviction, "Alam ko po na totoong propeta po si President Thomas S. Monson", when for so long we pleaded with God to help us know how to help him gain a testimony in living prophets; soaking in the beauty of each sunset at 6:25 pm; and going to bed exhausted, knowing I worked hard the whole day.  I will treasure these moments for eternity.


    And though my time was cut short, I know God is aware of my situation.  I know He loves me, and wants me to receive the help I need to become the instrument He needs me to be in this life.  My fervent prayer is that I will never forget what I learned on my mission.  Though it was short, I learned life lessons.  I learned of true conversion.  I learned how to truly come unto Christ.  I now just need to make sure I incorporate all of this beauty into my life here at home.  I pray that I can get the help I need.  I am hopeful.  This first while will be hard. I know it will.  My thoughts turn back to my mission constantly, and oh, how I long to be back there.


   However, again, I testify that God is aware of my situation.  He is aware of ALL of our situations.  He wants us to experience everything in this life that will prepare us to enter into His Kingdom.  I know that each individual has their unique trials to face in order to be molded into the character Heavenly Father knows we can develop.  He sees us as how we can become.  It is our job to faithfully and hopefully accept God's will and always move forward with conviction in our hearts that this is God's Plan of Salvation.  We accepted His plan when we chose to come to earth.  I know I chose to be here.  I know without a doubt that in the Pre-mortal world, I shouted for joy for this earthly experience.  So, amidst my trials I will forever magtiis hanggang wakas (endure to the end).  I know that though I have broken, I will one day be mended fully and completely sa pamamagitan ng pagpabayad-sala ni JesuCristo (through the Atonement of Jesus Christ).  His atoning sacrifice is both redeeming and enabling.  Let us all come to know Christ a little more personally as we endure this life with joy.


I love you all.  I am sorry I couldn't stay out and continue to serve in the Philippines.  But I promise you all, my mission is not over.  It never will be.  I will work and work until "The work is done"!


The Standard of Truth has been erected;
no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing;
persecutions may rage, mobs may combine,
armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but
the truth of God will go forth
boldly, nobly, and independent,
till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime,
swept every country, and sounded in every ear,
till the purposes of God shall be accomplished
and the great, Jehovah shall say,
"The work is done!"

No comments:

Post a Comment